At RevTech Ventures, we are here to help. Especially during uncertain times like these, it is important to strengthen and support our communities.
Our portfolio companies are extending a helping hand to offer resources and support during this global pandemic. We will keep an updated list on this blog.
We also wanted to provide an opportunity to fund local, Dallas entrepreneurs with great ideas for bringing relief and support to our neighbors – application and more information found here. These nondilutive grants, up to $5000 each, are dedicated for entrepreneurial solutions that address the needs of vulnerable Dallas populations affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Deadline to submit applications is April 6.
We hope you and your families are safe and healthy during this time.
Endear is a sales & marketing platform that empowers retail associates to stay in touch with customers over email and text. With Endear, associates are able to receive credit for the traffic and sales they generate both in-store and online. To help the industry overcome the challenges of COVID-19 and help associates continue to earn an income from home, the company is offering new retailers 50% off their first 6 months of subscription. You can access the promotion by using code “remoteretail” when signing up.
Cooklist connects to your grocery store loyalty cards to deliver the dinner inspiration you need. With Cooklist, you receive a curated feed from ~1.1 million recipes and meal plans that you can cook with the food in your home, and automatically add the additional ingredients required to your online grocery cart – for free! If you download Cooklist through this link, you will get $20 off your first order for groceries. You can also give your friends $20 off their first order by sharing their own invite link after downloading the app and will get another $20 off for every friend that they invite to Cooklist.
Neighborhood Goods is a new type of department store, featuring an ever-changing landscape of thoughtful, exciting, and contemporary brands, stories, and events. Neighborhood Goods has implemented a social good component of the site, which donates up to 10% of all web transactions to the COVID-19 Response Fund. Visit their store here.
Singuli is the solution for retailers who are currently hindered managing merchandise-planning with spreadsheets, static reports, and legacy tools. Their advanced machine-learning model produces forecasts down to the SKU (Style-Option-Size) level up to one year out to address problems with stockouts, overstock, new product introductions or mark-down & promotional pricing. To support retailers hit hard by the disruptions caused from the COVID-19 epidemic, they built a free tool to provide cohort-based forecasts for 4 different scenarios you might expect to see during these strange times. Check it out here.
Dor is the world’s first thermal-sensing, battery-operated people counter backed by proprietary machine learning algorithms. Dor helps retailers, grocery stores and pharmacies measure their foot traffic and thus increase their store performance, optimize their staff scheduling and measuring their marketing effectiveness. Their peel-and-stick solution can be installed by anyone and it starts counting traffic in just minutes. When “Work From Home” ends, this cabin fever is going to make retail explode. Dor wants to help you get ready for that by offering three months free of its novel foot traffic counter. Request your free 3 months of subscription with Dor by filling out their form here.
Have a brilliant idea that can strengthen Dallas with a little extra cash? SUBMIT YOUR GRANT PROPOSAL!
Some of the most well-known companies emerged during a recession including Airbnb, Stripe, and Venmo, and RevTech aims to channel this entrepreneurial spirit towards a greater good – funding ideas that address the disruptions caused by Coronavirus. While these solutions do not have to be business ideas, they should multiply the impact of what one dollar can do. Examples of submissions range from job re-purposing ideas for those with a lost source of income to creative methods to cover overhead for small businesses due to quarantine/social distancing. Submissions will be evaluated based on resourcefulness, creativity, simplicity, speed-to-market, and impact on the Dallas community.
About RevTech Ventures
RevTech Ventures is a retail technology venture capital firm based in Dallas. While constituting only about 5% of North American retail sales market share today, Amazon commands nearly half the sector’s R&D and innovation budget, leaving the other 95% playing catch-up. RevTech Ventures is a seed stage venture capital firm on a mission to help the retail industry adapt in the age of Amazon.